SSA Sport Star Academy Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY JOINING OUR PROGRAMS YOU ARE ABIDING TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- I give permission for my child to attend and participate in all activities within the Sport Star Academy sport program selected.
- By enrolling with Sport Star Academy for the term you have agreed to join our academy program and for us to store your payment details if you have selected to do so. You will automatically be charged for the next coming term at the end of each current term. You will be notified of this in advance and have the option to remove your child from the program. If you decide you do not wish to continue with your class you must contact Sport Star Academy by phone to cancel your booking on 1300 372 300 or email email@example.com or your local area manager. Failure to do so within the specified time frame will result in your credit card to be charged.
- You agree to be automatically charged every 12 months for the Annual Registration Fee. You will receive an email notifying you of the upcoming annual registration fee if you are still enrolled in a Sport Star Academy program. Should you wish to cancel your booking you will need to contact the Sport Star Academy head office by phone or your local area manager.
- Trial Bookings MUST contact head office immediately on 1300 372 300 or if you have joined completion of your last trial session should you NOT wish to CONTINUE with our program. All trialist who DO NOT contact head office will be automatically enrolled into the FULL TERM (costs will be pro-rata).
- All care and caution is taken at all times but as of mishap, Sport Star Academy cannot accept liability for any injury that may occur whilst participating in one of our coaching/education programs
- Parents/Guardians and children participate at their own risk and shall indemnify Sport Star Academy and its staff against all actions, suits, proceedings, demands, costs and expenses which may be taken or made against Sport Star Academy which may arise from injury, illness or mishap.
- Sport Star Academy cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal belongings while attending one of our coaching/education programs.
- Any medical conditions that a participant may have must be fully disclosed to Sport Star Academy in the registration details you have completed when enrolling via our booking portal https://myssa.sportstaracademy.com/login
- Sport Star Academy operates a no-refund policy for a change or mind or missed classes, unless under extreme medical conditions. If for any reason you are not able to attend a session then a make-up class can be made, if there are positions available in another class (we cannot guarantee a class due to availability). You may also transfer to another sport if there are positions available in that class. Arrangements must be made with Sport Star Academy prior to attending another class.
- Sport Star Academy management may occasionally take photos or video footage for promotional purposes, including marketing collateral and social media posts. Please advise management if you would not like your child’s image used in promotional purposes
Code of Conduct
- By taking part in the Sport Star Academy program you acknowledge and agree to this code of conduct, comprising the following rules and conditions, which provide for a safe, professional, fun learning environment which is designed to allow your child to benefit from participation and to provide them with the greatest opportunity to reach their full player potential.
- We adhere to the Child Safe Standards through its policy, code of conduct, procedures and reporting of incidences and Health and Safety standards.
- Your child must wear suitable clothing and footwear. Children participating in the program must wear the assigned Sport Star Academy uniform (not required on trial sessions) and no jewellery.
- All parents/guardians and children must stop any activity and listen carefully when the instructor is giving instructions. All parents/guardians will respect and co-operate with all instructor’s decisions. Sport Star Academy staff reserves the right to ask you to leave the premises should you fail to comply with any instruction given by our staff.
- All participants will respect and not wilfully or neglectfully damage the equipment used by Sport Star Academy. For safety reasons, parents/guardians and children must keep away from any equipment that is not being used for the particular activity in progress.
- Video and photographs may be taken by families registered in our programs and are for personal use only. Please be mindful of uploading photos of child which includes other people’s children to social media. Sport Star Academy may use this video footage or photographs for advertising on their web page and for other business activities at any time.
- No food or drinks are to be taken onto the learning surface. Parents/guardians are to have fluids (preferably water) readily available to give to their children should they require it.
- Sport Star Academy is free to use and repurpose any testimonial made by its participants, parents or guardians.
- Sport Star Academy reserves the right to refuse admission to any person for any session for any reason. If requested by Sport Star Academy staff for whatever reason, parents/guardians and any children in their care must leave the session immediately. Additionally, Sport Star Academy reserves the right to cancel/deny a registration to any person for any reason.
- All parents/guardians and children will respect others in the class regardless of gender, culture, religion or ability. Parents/guardians and children in their care are enrolled at their own risk and you as the parent/guardian agree to indemnify Sport Star Academy and its staff from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, injury and/or damages which may arise from you or your child’s participation in any Sport Star Academy sessions.
- You give permission for your child to receive medical/ambulance attention in case of emergency and agree to pay any associated costs.
- Your child’s place is not secured until fees are paid in full.
- Sport Star Academy reserves the right to cancel a session if it is deemed unsafe to continue and at any time.
- Always assume Sport Star Academy clinics and programs are always on no matter the weather with the exception of the following: Temperatures exceeding 35 degrees, thunder and lighting, heavy rain that leaves too much surface water to train.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The COVID pandemic has forced us to revisit the way we plan for programs and sessions to ensure the safety of our players, coaches and community. Please note the following is a general outline as this is subject to local state and territory government guidelines and restrictions.
- If your child is not feeling well, they must stay home
- All sessions will have hand sanitizer on site
- Coaches will ensure all equipment has been wiped down with antibacterial wipes before and after session
- Parents are asked to drop off their child and wait in the car for their child until their session is over
- Training includes a combination of contact and non-contact training
- If parents are watching, we kindly ask parents to practise social distancing
In completing your registration details and enrolling in one of our programs, you acknowledge these terms and conditions and Code of Conduct.